2022 SRMGA Youth Goat/Sheep Showmanship Clinic and Show
Youth Clinic and Show on Saturday July 9th, 2022
Hosted by the Snake River Meat Goat Association
Payette County Fairgrounds, New Plymouth, Idaho
What: Meat goat and sheep showmanship clinic and show
Where: Payette County Fairgrounds, New Plymouth, Idaho
When: Saturday July 9th, 2022
Judge: Patrick Aliff and David Mueller
Show Chairman & Show Secretary
Koben Shigeta: 4586 Forsyth Lane, Ontario, OR 97914
Phone: (541) 212-1967 ** Text works great, if calling please leave voicemail **
SRMGA Youth goat/sheep showmanship clinic and show hosted by the Snake River Meat Goat Association
The clinic and show are open to any youth from any state ages 18 and under.
You do not need to be a member of any association or club to participate.
The clinic and show will consist of Market and Showmanship classes.
- The Jackpot is open to any youth 4-18 years old on January 1st, 2022
- There will be no maximum number of entries per exhibitors
- All goats and sheep must have permanent identification, either in the form of a tattoo or official scrapie tag.
- Goats and sheep shall be healthy and free of any visible diseases.
- All market animals will be required to have milk teeth in normal position
- Market classes are open to both wethers and ewes/does.
- Market goats can be either disbudded or horned.
- Wethers must be castrated (banded) prior to arriving on the show grounds.
- Market animals will be shown by weight. Classes will be broken up after weigh-in.
- Peewee – ages 8 and under & can handle their animal
- Junior – ages 9-11
- Intermediate – ages 12-15
- Senior – ages 16-18
The showmanship clinic will be done by both judges Patrick Aliff and David Mueller, Patrick with goats and David with sheep. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn the showmanship skills to get you set up for the upcoming fairs and youth jackpots. The clinic will start at 9:00 A.M. The show will start at 1:00 P.M.
Check-in and Arrival Time: All market animals need to be at the fairgrounds for weigh in from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Show will start at 1:00 p.m.
Awards: SRMGA will be providing awards and payouts.
Entries: Fees must accompany entries. Entries will not be considered received until fees are received. Entries and/or substitutions can be made up until start of show but we prefer you get them in as soon as you can. Note: Substitutions are allowed, but no refunds. Please make checks payable to SRMGA & send entry forms & fees to Dan Walrath, 24617 Cemetery Road, Middleton, Idaho 83644. You can also pay via paypal and send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org and you may send in entry forms via email to email@example.com