Date(s) - 05/07/2016
Payette County Fairgrounds
Youth Jackpot Show on Saturday May 7th, 2016
Hosted by the Junior Snake River Meat Goat Association
Payette County Fairgrounds, New Plymouth, Idaho
What: Meat Goat Youth Jackpot hosted by the Junior Snake River Meat Goat Association.
Where: Payette County Fairgrounds, New Plymouth, Idaho
When: Saturday, May 7th, 2016, following the ABGA Show
Judge: Kathy Davies – Certified ABGA Judge from North Carolina
Download Registration Form
Show Chairman & Show Secretary
Kahla Shigeta: 4586 Forsyth Lane, Ontario, OR 97914
Phone: (541) 212-6610
Boers De Mayo Youth Jackpot is being hosted by the Junior Snake River Meat Goat Association
The jackpot is open to any youth from any state ages 18 and under.
You do not need to be a member of any association or club to show in the Jackpot.
The Jackpot will consist of Market, Breeding and Showmanship classes.
- The Jackpot is open to any youth 4-18 years old by January 1st.
- There will be no maximum number of entries per exhibitors
- All goats must have permanent identification, either in the form of a tattoo or official scrapie tag.
- Goats shall be healthy and free of any visible diseases.
- The same goat may not be shown in both Market and Breeding.
- Jackpot money will be determined based on # entries per class.
Jackpot Market Classes
- All market animals will be required to have milk teeth in normal position
- Market classes are open to both wethers and does.
- Market animals can be either disbudded or horned.
- Wether goats must be castrated (banded) prior to arriving on the show grounds.
- Market animals will be shown by weight. Classes will be broken up after weigh-in.
Jackpot Breeding Classes
- Does will be shown by age.
- Does need not be registered to show but birth date is required and teeth will be checked.
- All does will be accepted and pooled into a jackpot doe class. Fullblood/Purebred or Percentage.
- Does may be dehorned or horned.
Bred and Owned
- Must be bred by and currently owned by the youth showing.
- Exhibitors are limited to one (1) doe. No bucks or wethers.
- Proof of ownership is required. (Registration Paperwork, tattoos, other).
- Peewee – ages 8 and under & can handle their goat
- Junior – ages 9-11
- Intermediate – ages 12-15
- Senior – ages 16-21
Check-in and Arrival Time: We will begin checking in goats at 12:00 (Noon) on Friday May 6th . After unloading your animals please report to the Show Secretary to get checked-in and weighed. All goats must be checked in and market goats weighed by 12:00 (Noon) on Saturday May 7th. The Jackpot show will begin following a short break after our Saturday ABGA show.
Awards: Junior SRMGA will provide Ribbons and Rosettes for the show. They will also provide Grand and Reserve Champion Belt Buckles if the budget permits.
Entries: Fees must accompany entries. Entries will not be considered received and pens will not be reserved until fees are received. The registration deadline is May 3rd, 2016 (postmarked). Entries and/or substitutions can be made up until start of show. However entries received after April 25, 2013 may not be included in the show program. Note: Substitutions are allowed, but no refunds. Please make checks payable to SRMGA & send entry forms & fees to Nikki Brusseau, 13029 Walker Lake Road, Caldwell, ID 83607. You can also pay via paypal and send payment to email@example.com and you may send in entry forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Registration Form
Registration Due: May 3rd, 2016 – Fee is $15.00 per goat for Market, Breeding and Bred and Owned
Fee is $10.00 for Showmanship
Late Fee: After May 3rd is $5 per class.
Pens: There is no fee for pens for Jackpot goats. All pens will be assigned prior to check-in date and those pens will be labeled as jackpot pens. If you are showing in open as well you will have open pens that include bedding/straw.